Technical stuff you probably wouldn't understand.

Rather than cluttering up other blogs with my musings, I made my own.

Friday, June 16, 2006

VSTO v2 and v3, Cypress, Version Compatability?

I'm just starting to review these apps. Some starting points:

) My current environment includes:
  • Office 2003
  • VSTO 2005 for Office 2003
  • Outlook 2003 Add-in
  • Infopath 2003 forms with managed code.
  • Infopath 2007 Beta

) The "preferred"MSDN Newsgroup for VSTO Questions.

) When I try to install the Cypress release, the installer complains with:
"The Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003 Toolkit for Visual Studio 2005 must be uninstalled."

) I have posted to the newsgroup trying to verify that I wont loose compatability with my Office 2003 development efforts. The initial feedback indicates that cypress is NOT backward compatable..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home